Thursday, May 21, 2009

I will rejoice and be glad in it...

I got Jack a "Bumbo" seat at Target, and it's hilarious to see him sitting straight up like a little old man. He's not too excited about it because it's hard work for him to keep his head still!






I was reading my devotional this morning, and it was like God placed it on the exact page where I needed it! I have been kind of down lately, anxious, stressed...but, this is exactly what I needed to read this morning, and I am reminded of God's goodness and His gifts! I thought I'd share.
What Do You Expect?
This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24)
What do you expect from the day ahead? Are you expecting God to do wonderful things, or are you living beneath a cloud of apprehension and doubt? Do you expect God to use you in unexpected ways, or do you expect another uneventful day to pass with little fanfare? As a thoughtful believer, the answer to these questions should be obvious.
For Christians, every new day offers exciting possibilities. God's Word promises that Christ has come to this earth to give us abundant life and eternal salvation. We, in turn, should respond to God's gifts by treasuring each day and using our time here on earth to glorify our Creator and share the Good News of His Son.
Each day is a special gift from God, a treasure to be savored and celebrated. May we - as believers who have so much to celebrate - never fail to praise our Creator by rejoicing in His glorious creation.
When your life comes to a close, you will remember not days but moments. Treasure each one. ~ Barbara Johnston
Have a good day!!


No comments: