Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas

Well, we survived Christmas. We had a good Christmas. Every year, I say that I'm going to simplify Christmas and really focus on the true "reason for the season". We did try to simplify this year, but it was still crazy. I was still worried about gifts, shopping last minute - doing all the things I said I wouldn't do. That's the nature of it, I guess. Jack's first Christmas was sweet. He loved all the lights, and he's having fun with the tons of noise makers that he got! Jagger was totally into Santa this year. It was fun to watch! Plus, he's very dramatic and animated...not sure where he gets that!! :) Here are some pictures of our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.


Brotherly love - Christmas Eve


Mimi and Poppy got Jagger the GI Joe Headquarters. It's like a huge ship that's in a million pieces! And where is that going to go??? I think there's a free space in the middle of the disastrous play room floor!


Grandmommy and Papaw got Jagger this trampoline. He LOVES it! We love it, too, considering he can get all his energy out while being contained in a little "cage" - ha ha! It's still at their house. Where in the world is it going to go in our house?!!!!!! The play room is full!

Jagger thought Santa would like chocolate covered pretzels and peanut butter balls instead of cookies! Needless to say, Santa ate it all and wished there were more peanut butter balls :)


This Star Wars Light Saber is just one of the many light-up noise-makers that filled our home on Christmas morning!


This is Jack's main present from Santa. Jagger "helped" him open all of his gifts. Jack actually wanted to eat the wrapping paper instead of ripping it!


Our favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story. I think we watched it about 10 times in one day...it was on for 24 hours on Christmas! Anyway, Mom bought all the guys Red Ryder BB guns! They were more excited about them than anything else! Jagger's is "pretend", by the way.

Mom is so diligent in keeping London's grave decorated for the seasons. I am thankful for that. As hard as it was without London - again - this Christmas, I couldn't help but think that as wonderful as we think Christmas is here, imagine what London is experiencing in heaven - in the presence of our savior! I have to remind myself every now and then that heaven is REAL...it's not make believe or imaginary. It's a real place, and I know - without a doubt - that she's there. I love the promise of this verse - "However, as it is written: no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him." (1 Corinthians 2:9). We just have no idea how wonderful heaven will be! As much as I miss London, I cannot imagine grieving her without hope of seeing her again. I am so thankful that - although my pain is great - this is not the end. I will see her again!

1 comment:

The B Family said...

What a beautiful post, Ashlee! Okay...I am ALL about a bouncing cage for my wild one! Although, I am thinking that Luke is going to be even worse...he does not want to stop for anything!

I've had you on my mind a lot...especially last night for some reason (maybe it was that Scott was watching your wildcats and Clemson...pulling for KY, of course...you know, you've got to pull for the SEC teams always- or so he says. I, personally, am pulling for Colt McCoy and not Alabama in the championship. I guess we'll be pulling against each other for that one! HA!)

We're around this week- and I'd love to chat!

Love to you~ Rebecca