Sunday, July 5, 2009

It's been a while :)


Jagger getting ready for bath time...with an arm-load of toys.


Jack's first time trying cereal.

Jagger and Daddy love exploring the farm at Grandmother and Granddad's house.


Grandmother and Granddad with the boys.

This outfit was picture-worthy!


Well, if there's one thing that's true about summer break, it's that I haven't made much time for checking email or blogging! I've neglected to post pictures or entries lately...sorry! So, here are some recent pictures of the boys. Also, if you click on the title of this link, you can see video of Jack's first time trying rice cereal :) Jack is doing great and getting so big. Jagger continues to crack us up daily and amazes me with his hilarious sayings. For instance, the other day he said, "Oh, I can't find a man that's more impressive. Mommy, that means more awesome." He was upset that he couldn't find a cool superhero man in his messy playroom.

Things have been going pretty well. I've had a couple of rough days here and there. Just a couple of nights ago, for example, Jagger was saying a prayer before he ate his dinner. He said, "Dear God, thank you for this food, and thank you for baby London and that she's in Heaven, and thank you for baby Jack. Amen." This just caught me off guard and sparked a grief moment. It was just a sharp reminder that London is on Jagger's mind more than I know. Another thing he mentioned the other day was that he wanted to see baby London big. He asked if we will ever get to see her big. Of course, I had to explain that we would not get to see her big. He then asked if she was getting big in Heaven. As he continued to ask questions, my emotions got the best of me. Moments like that are so difficult. Holidays are a bit tough, too. The 4th of July definitely doesn't have the same affect on me as Christmas or Thanksgiving, but there's something about fireworks that is just magical to children. Their eyes just light up, and they get so excited to see the beautiful fireworks light up the sky. As Jagger had a blast enjoying the fireworks yesterday, I couldn't help but imagine what London would think of them. She would be at an age where she would certainly be amazed by them. Moments like that are simple, but they're a grim reminder that I will never witness her precious face enjoying moments like that. That's very hard to accept sometimes. At the same time, I realize that I am blessed to see Jagger and Jack's sweet faces daily, and for that I am so thankful.

1 comment:

The B Family said...

I love the pictures! Looks like y'all are enjoying the summer, too!
Yesterday was definitely different...I think this year I saw the 4th as being symbolic of the freedom we have in Christ. Yes, I love the whole red, white and blue festivities but it's so much more than that...the freedom that so many have risked their lives for and, ultimately, our eternal freedom through the death & resurrection of Jesus! And, just as Jagger, I wonder so often about how big my girl is or what she'll look like when I get to see her again...it's those innocent thoughts that hit so hard the reality of not having one of our little blessings in our homes.
I have to mention Jack's little outfit, too...I have almost the same identical outfit for Luke that I picked up a while back for next summer. I couldn't believe that our 3rd miracles have even more in common! :)
Love you~ Rebecca