Friday, January 15, 2010

Lately...


We got our first snow last week, and Jagger was playing in it at 8:30 in the morning! You can't play in the snow without making snow angels!




After about 30 minutes, he was ready to come in. Here in Kentucky, we get out of school when they even "talk" about snow! We enjoyed a 4 day weekend, though :) I know we'll have to make it up, but I'm still like a kid when I see that school is closed! I love it!


Jagger is always saying something that just cracks us up. As many of you know, Jonathan and I renovated a 135 year old home 5 years ago. No matter how many updates we've done, it's still an old home, and it's hard to get it nice and cozy when it's 10 degrees outside! So...I was complaining about how cold the house felt, and Jagger heard me. He leaned up against the wall with his arms crossed and a confused look on his face. Then, he proceeds to ask me, "Well, Mommy, just how'd we get this piece-a-junk we're in anyway?" Ummm, yes, he called our house a piece of junk, but it was hilarious. Jonathan, in the midst of his frustration (because a water line froze on our dishwasher) said, "Well, you know it's bad when a 4 year old calls it a piece of junk!" Oh...he keeps us laughing. When I tried to defend our old home to him, Jagger said, "I called it a piece a junk because it's old, and you know, sometimes old things are pieces a junk..." He can talk his way out of anything, I'm afraid.


Here's our "old piece-a-junk"!!


Just as Jagger constantly cracks me up with his funny sayings, he's an extremely kind and sweet child and says things to melt my heart. Yesterday, he and Jack had to go to the doctor - Jagger has strep, and Jack has a double ear infection (needless to say, I'm home today). Anyway, he got a sticker from the doctor. When we got home, he was playing and randomly grabbed my arm and said, "Here, Mommy. I want London to have my sticker. You know, she loves stickers and I think she's smiling because I gave her a sticker!" Little moments like that do several things...they make my eyes fill with tears, they make me smile because her big brother wants to make her smile, and it makes me thankful that London is being remembered by her brother - even in random, insignificant moments. It was a small thing, but had a big impact on my heart.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ashlee, I know it's not the same, but Jadyn does the same thing when she remembers her grandmother in "random, insignificant" things. When she sees a floral print and says, "Nonnie will like this" or when she randomly talks about a memory of Pam, it makes my heart so full it comes out of my eyes. I haven't read anything on your blog since student teaching ended. I was browsing through my favorites tonight and clicked. I'm glad I did. You're an incredibly kind-spirited Christian woman with so much to offer. -Erica Wyatt